The Flight Path Museum & Learning Center is happy to be able to offer five yearly scholarships for Southern California residents who wish to pursue careers in aviation and aerospace.
Applicants can apply for more than one scholarship.
Applications are due no later than June 30, 2023 at midnight. Submissions beyond this date will not be considered. Submissions for persons not residents in Southern California will not be considered. Southern California is defined by county (Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura).
- Be eligible to apply for full-time study in an accredited school (community college, four year college,
university, technical school, etc.) leading to a degree or certificate in aviation, aerospace, aeronautics or physical science studies that relate to aviation and plan on attending school no later than the next academic school year.
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent legal resident.
- Reside in Southern California at the time of application (selected school can be out of state).
- Have demonstrated or expressed a genuine interest in a career in aviation, aerospace or aeronautics. For example, membership in aviation explorer scouts, member of an aviation or aerospace club, attendance at an aviation or space camp, extra-curricular aviation, robotics or engineering activities, a student membership in a professional engineering society, etc.
The top five (5) candidates may be called for an interview.
The successful candidate will be notified by letter and/or telephone. Successful candidates will be required to submit a passport-type photo for the press-release
- The applicant’s Scholarship Entry Form and Essay.
- Interest in the field of aviation, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) as related to aviation and/or air cargo.
- Extra-curricular activities.
- Recommendations of high school/college faculty.
- Academic record.
- Financial need will also be considered.
Please press “Submit” only once. Multiple entries will not be considered.